All Aer Lingus and Aer Lingus Regional scheduled flights depart and arrive Terminal 2 (T2), Dublin Airport. Our self-service kiosks are located at the car park entrance area (level 3), on the ground floor in T2 alongside the bag drop and check-in desks, or at the top of the escalators by security.
If your flight departs Dublin Airport between 06:00-08:00 in the morning, you can check-in at the airport between 17:00-20:00 the evening before.
This great service is available for both Aer Lingus and Aer Lingus Regional flights.
Each passenger needs to present themselves to check-in and drop off bags but if you are travelling with immediate family, one member of the family can check-in and drop bags for the group the evening before. Passports/ID cards are required for all passengers travelling, and must be presented the evening before.
While this facility will save you time by avoiding check-in the following morning, all passengers will still need to leave adequate time in the morning to get through security and to get to their gate. We would recommend that you come to the airport 90 minutes before your flight is due to depart.
'Evening Before' check-in is now available at Cork Airport. If your flight departs Cork Airport between 06:00-08:00 in the morning, you can check-in at the airport between 16:00-19:30 the evening before.
Checking in just got even faster!
'FastPass' is the quick way to check in for your Aer Lingus flight at Dublin airport. Our user-friendly, self-service kiosks allow you to check-in and print your boarding card. View our step-by-step demonstration.
Terminal 2 kiosks are located
- adjacent to the bag drop area on the ground floor
- at the top of the escalators by security
- at the level 3 car park entrance area
Dublin airport has designated Business Class and Gold Circle check-in desks.
Onward check-in (on same day of travel) is available on selected Aer Lingus flights and with the following airlines:
- AA American Airlines
- AF Air France
- AY Finnair
- BA British Airways
- CX Cathay Pacific
- EK Emirates
- IB Iberia
- KL KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- QF Qantas
- SQ Singapore Airlines
- Designated hand baggage desks
- The Ticket Desk, when collecting tickets
- The Customer Service Desk
Check-in Times for all Airports
We recommend arriving to the airport with sufficient time for check-in and security screening, especially during the peak summer season and busy holiday periods. If you choose not to check-in online or on your mobile, please allow enough time for airport queues.
|Flights||Check-in closes||Recommended time|
|To/from North America||75 mins before departure||3.5 hours before departure|
|Within Europe||45 mins before departure||2.5 hours before departure|
|From Belfast City Airport||30 mins before departure||2.5 hours before departure|
- Check-in for Business Class on all North American flights closes 60 minutes prior to departure.
- Check-in facilities in Shannon Airport do not open before 05:00am.
- 'Evening Before' check-in is now available at Cork Airport. If your flight departs Cork Airport between 06:00-08:00 in the morning, you can check-in at the airport between 16:00-19:30 the evening before. The same guidelines apply as in Dublin Airport detailed above, with the exception of a 19.30 finishing time in Cork airport.
- Passengers who do not comply with check-in deadlines will not be accepted for travel. They may change their booking up until the flight they were booked on has departed, thereafter it will be treated as a 'no-show' and the booking will be forfeited.
- For passengers who are travelling on an itinerary that includes flights operated by one of our partner airlines, please check in as recommended by the operating airline.
- Please allow additional time at the airport if you are travelling to the USA. After security screening all passengers go through US Pre-Clearance which enables them to complete the US Immigration process prior to departure. This saves valuable time on arrival in the USA. View more information on US Customs and Immigration
Self Service Options
For website help & changes
to Internet bookings visit the Contact Us sections.