Check in Online
Flight departure within the next 30 hours
You can use web check in between 2 and 30 hours before your scheduled departure time for the majority of airports within Europe. Some European airports are only available for web check in up to 4 hours and 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
For transatlantic travel, you can use web check in between 2 and 24 hours before your scheduled departure time.
Flight departure outside of 30 hours
On selected routes within Europe, you can use our 30-day advance check in between 30 days and 30 hours before your scheduled departure time. Please note a seat fee must be bought in order to advance check in.
Web check in may not be available on certain routes.
Web Check in, some useful information
- If you’re a passenger travelling to or from North America with a web boarding pass, you must go to the dedicated web check-in counter at the airport at least 75 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
- All other passengers who check in online are advised to allow sufficient time to check baggage and proceed through security checkpoints. The time necessary for security and document checks may vary by airport, day and time. We advise you to be at the boarding gate 30 minutes prior to departure at the very latest. If you arrive late to the boarding gate, you unfortunately won’t be accepted for travel.
- After you check in online you can go directly to the Bag Tag and Drop desk where your checked baggage can be processed. Please note that Bag Tag and Drop desks aren’t available at all airports.
- Seats are automatically assigned for you. You can change your seats during check in or by using our Manage Trip facility.
- Passengers using web check in from Izmir must go to the check-in desk at the airport to get a standard boarding pass issued in exchange for their printed version, as per local authority requirements.
30-day advance web check in, some useful information
- You must choose your seats before you can use advance check in.
- It’s not possible to use advance check in for group bookings. Online web check in can be used where available. Please use the standard web check in facility.
- If you booked flights via the Aer Lingus call centre or a travel agency, online check in will become available 30 hours prior to your departure time. Please use the standard web check in facility.
As always, please ensure that your cabin baggage is within the specified allowance.
This is for your own ease of travel, as bags outside of this allowance must be checked in, and the relevant bag fee will apply.
Find out more on our cabin baggage allowance.