- If your bags are delayed, damaged or missing, please tell a member of staff at the information desk when you arrive at the airport, or contact us and make a report.
- If you’ve left a bag on our aircraft or in one of our lounges, we’ll do our very best to help you – just contact us.
- We accept no liability for items left on our aircraft or lounges.
If you’ve left bags at the airport, please contact the local airport authority's lost property department.
|North America||(800) 343-0511||09:00 - 21:00 Mon-Sun (ET)|
|Rest of World||+ 353 18863909||
- Your baggage file reference number will be 5 letters followed by 5 numbers e.g. DUBEI54321.
- Your baggage file reference number isn’t the same as the number displayed on any baggage receipts you were given when you checked in.
Yes, of course. If you need to update the telephone number you can be reached on or your email address, you can do that through our baggage tracing service.
- If you haven’t received your baggage after 72 hours (three days), please fill out our delayed baggage questionnaire.
- Once completed, please return your questionnaire to email@example.com
- The information you provide us with will help us to speed up the search for your baggage.
- Your baggage questionnaire must be returned within 21 days of you reporting your baggage as missing.
- If your baggage is delayed or damaged, our liability is limited under The Montreal Convention. If you hold personal travel insurance, we recommend that you contact your travel insurance provider regarding any claims.
- If you don’t hold any personal travel insurance, you must submit the following in writing to our customer relations department:
- Your unique baggage file reference.
- Your baggage tags.
- Any relevant receipts or quotations you may hold.
- Aer Lingus doesn’t cover minor damage to the exterior of baggage (e.g. scratches, stains, soiling, dents) resulting from normal wear and tear, or for water damage to non-waterproof baggage.
- Please be advised that all relevant receipts are necessary for auditing purposes when considering all claims.
- Download our interim expenses form.
- We accept no liability for damage to unchecked cabin baggage, unless such damage is caused by our negligence. We will however, provide the following for your insurance provider:
- A confirmation letter of travel advising that you’ve reported the items as missing or damaged.
- If you require this letter, please forward the following documentation to our customer relations department:
- Your boarding card.
- Your baggage reference.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
- Any pilferage must be reported immediately upon receipt of your baggage and before leaving the baggage reclaim area of your arrival airport.
- Pilferage not reported at the time of arrival must be reported in writing, or by contacting the baggage tracing department within seven days of receiving your baggage.
- We accept no liability for items left on board our aircraft or in any of our lounges. It’s your responsibility to ensure you’ve all your belongings with you before disembarking the aircraft or leaving the lounge.
- If you’ve left some property on board one of our aircraft or in one of our lounges, please contact us, and we’ll do our best to locate the missing item. See below for how to get in touch with us.
- If you’ve left property at the airport, please contact the relevant airport authority's lost property department.