Dublin Airport Terminal 2
metres squared of Shops
parking stands at Pier E
parking stands at Pier E
High density baggage
Minimum Connection Time
For a smooth connection between flights, it is important to give yourself enough time between the arrival of your first flight and the departure of your next flight. The connections that are displayed when booking on our website meet our criteria for minimum connect time.
Some suggested minimum connect times are:
- 60 minutes - from Aer Lingus North America to Aer Lingus Europe flights
- 90 minutes - from Aer Lingus Europe to Aer Lingus North America flights
- 120 minutes - for all flight connections within Europe
- 120 minutes - for all flight connections between Aer Lingus and other carriers
Note: The above are general guidelines and may be subject to change or may differ on specific routes.
If your itinerary is booked on separate tickets, it is your responsibility to ensure sufficient time to collect baggage, travel to next terminal, check-in for your onward journey before it closes, clear security, and be at your departure gate at least 30 minutes before your connecting flight departure time.
Our recommended check-in times are 2.5 hours for flights within Europe and 3.5 hours for transatlantic flights. (Check-in closes 75 minutes before flight departure time for Economy Class and 60 minutes for Business Class).
If you need additional help getting through the airport, boarding the aircraft, or reaching your onward travel connections, please contact us to let us know of any special requests at time of booking or no later 48 hours before departure.
5 Tips for Connecting at Dublin Airport
- Listen to on-board announcements - as you taxi towards your gate on arrival, listen out for any information that the flight crew may have. They sometimes detail flight or gate changes.
- Do you have your boarding card? If not, proceed to the Aer Lingus Flight Connections desk where staff are on hand to help you with any queries.
- Use Dublin Airport's free Wi-Fi to access DUB HUB on your mobile device. No data roaming charges, downloads or login required. DUB HUB is in English, Français, Italiano, Español, Deutsch and Gaeilge.
- On the DUB HUB home page, enter your Aer Lingus flight number to get your gate number and the time you have before your flight starts to board. Check your gate number on the Flight Information Display Screens in case of any change.
- For all Terminal 2 departure gates, be it for Europe or US Preclearance, take the escalator upstairs. For Terminal 1, please follow the signs.
Using the DUB HUB Companion Map
Smartphone or tablet users can access the free DUB HUB easy connecting companion as soon as you arrive in Dublin Airport.
It's powered by Google, and will show you the quickest, easiest route to your connecting flight.
Remember to use free Dublin Airport Wi-Fi to access DUB HUB without using your mobile data or incurring roaming charges.
Our luxurious lounge is conveniently located close to your boarding gate so you can relax and unwind before your flight.
- Tranquil setting
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Notification of boarding and flight times
- Computer access
- Complimentary newspapers and magazines
- Spacious, comfortable and quiet atmosphere
- Complimentary drinks and snacks
- Entertainment facilities
How to get to our lounge
- Check in.
- Take escalator UP to Arrivals level.
- Disembark escalator and turn right.
- Take escalator UP to Departures level.
- Get off escalator and turn right.
- Proceed through security check and through retail area.
- Take escalator DOWN.
- Get off escalator and turn right 180 degrees and follow corridor to Airline Lounges. If taking elevator: exit elevator, turn right and follow corridor to Airline Lounges.