Benefits for Passengers
State of the art Facilities
- Enjoy the best terminal to terminal experience in Europe.
- 50% reduction from gate to kerb
- 15 mins from landing to taxi
- Proximity of check in to departure gates
50% larger Lounge
- Bigger, brighter, centrally located lounge.
Our move to Terminal 2 will fundamentally change our customer experience at Heathrow. Up to 4,000 Aer Lingus customers depart from London Heathrow each day on board 22 flights destined for Dublin, Cork, Shannon or Belfast. Outside of Dublin it's our busiest hub, with Aer Lingus the fourth largest carrier at Heathrow after British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Lufthansa.
The main improvement for all customers will be the reduced walking times and distances from check-in to security, and on to our lounge and departure gates. For customers travelling into central London, there will be a short walk to the baggage hall before exiting for London underground, taxis and the Heathrow Express.
Passengers will arrive in T2 at departure level and have a choice of 66 common self service kiosks. Aer Lingus will be prominently located in the centre of the terminal in Zone C, adjacent to the security screening area, operating five check-in desks and two ticket desks.
Passenger security screening will include 17 security lanes and four fast track channels. Once you have cleared security, you will arrive onto a mezzanine level overlooking the departure lounge.
From there, you continue to the departures area, where the boarding gates are located next to shops and restaurants. The retail and food outlets will be a mix of premium British brands including department store John Lewis, a first for airport retail.
Our new lounge is now open and centrally located within the main departures area. Guests can enjoy a bigger, brighter lounge. It will be purpose built with lots of natural daylight, floor-to-ceiling windows and panoramic views of the southern runway.
Lounge highlights include:
- A warm open reception area with a backdrop of white oak walls.
- High specification male, female and mobility impaired accessible toilets and showers.
- Buffet style selection of dry foods and selection of beverages.
- Quiet meeting rooms and working zone with full complement of ICT services.
- Open plan seating selected for comfort and style.
- Separate quiet rest area for up to 30 persons, which includes specially selected chaise lounge style seating.
- Palate of finishes and colours inspired by the Irish landscape, all continuing the theme of the Dublin Aer Lingus flagship lounge.
- A special feature of the new T2 Heathrow Lounge is the 5m high external glass wall offering relaxing views to the airfield.
Arriving into and out of Terminal 2 will be quick and easy with direct access to all of the transport links, including Heathrow Express, meaning Paddington Station can be reached in only 15 minutes.
Transferring to other flights will be seamless and same terminal connections will be possible with a number of our partner airlines.