This new service is available for both Aer Lingus and Aer Lingus Regional flights. Regardless of the terminal your flight will depart from the following day, all bags need to be dropped in Terminal 2 when availing of this early check-in facility.
Each passenger needs to present themselves to check-in and drop off bags but if you are travelling with immediate family, one member of the family can check-in and drop bags for the group the evening before.
While this facility will save you time the next day, all passengers will still need to leave adequate time in the morning to get through security and to get to their gate. We would recommend that you come to the airport 90 minutes before your flight is due to depart.
Aer Lingus Regional flights to the UK, including Blackpool, Cardiff and Glasgow, will operate from Terminal 1 until further notice. Customers travelling on these flights should continue to present for departure at Terminal 1.
(Depart or arrive outside Europe)
|75 mins before departure*||3.5 hours before departure|
(Depart and arrive within Europe)
|45 mins before departure*||2.5 hours before departure|
|From Belfast City Airport||30 mins before departure*||2.5 hours before departure|
- Check-in for all short-haul flights closes 45 minutes prior to departure with the exception of Belfast City Airport which closes 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Check-in for Economy Class on all long-haul flights closes 75 minutes prior to departure.
- Check-in for Business Class on all long-haul flights closes 60 minutes prior to departure.
- Check-in facilities in Shannon airport do not open before 05:00am.
- Passengers who do not comply with Check-in Deadlines will not be accepted for travel. They may change their booking up until the flight they were booked on has departed, thereafter it will be treated as a 'no-show' and the booking will be forfeited.
- For passengers who are travelling on an itinerary that includes flights operated by one of our partner airlines, please check in as recommended by the operating airline.
- AA American Airlines
- AF Air France
- AY Finnair
- BA British Airways
- CX Cathay Pacific
- EK Emirates
- IB Iberia
- KL KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- QF Qantas
- SQ Singapore Airlines
- Designated hand baggage desks
- The Ticket Desk, when collecting tickets, and
- The Customer Service Desk.
Self Service Options
For website help & changes
to Internet bookings visit the Contact Us sections.