We can carry your pet safely for you in the hold.
- Pets must be booked through Aer Lingus Cargo, and they will be carried in the aircraft hold.
- Pets are not permitted to travel on board Aer Lingus aircraft.
- Separate measures apply for passengers travelling with Service Animals.
- Animals need to be at least 10 weeks old when travelling on an Aer Lingus flight.
- The maximum weight of an animal container must not exceed 64kgs / 141lbs.
- The breeds we cannot accept due to industry reports of serious damage to aircraft as a result of dogs becoming loose in the aircraft holds are: Akita, American Pit Bull, American Staffordshire Terrier, Argentino, Fila Brazillero, Mastiff, Pit Bull Terrier, Tosa, Rottweiler.
- The following Snub-Nosed / brachycephalic dogs or cats will not be carried due to their inability to breathe easily and cool themselves down: All Bulldogs, Pugs, Boxers, Persian/Exotic Cats.
- Aer Lingus retains the right to refuse the carriage of any live animal shipment it deems to be dangerous or aggressive.
- Pets carried on Aer Lingus Regional services must be booked to travel via the call centre.
- If your flight is operated by our airline partners please contact them as they may have their own restrictions.
- All suitably harnessed assistance dogs can travel in the passenger cabin for free.
- Please contact us at least 48 hours before you travel.
- On flights from Ireland to the USA, prior approval is required from the Department of Agriculture in Ireland.
Travelling on flights within Europe
- Pets must be booked to travel with Aer Lingus Cargo.
- Animals presented for transport at passenger check-in will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Travelling on flights from Ireland to North America
- Household pets (cats & dogs only) can be booked as excess baggage by contacting Aer Lingus Reservations.
- There is a €160 per flight sector, per crate, payable at the airport on the day of departure.
- If the passenger is not travelling with the animal, or for the carriage of any animal other than household pets, booking must be made via Aer Lingus Cargo
Travelling on flights from North America to Ireland
- PET EXPRESS will make the arrangements to ship your pet(s) to Ireland on behalf of Aer Lingus.
- Contact Pet Express at 1-866-PET-MOVE or visit their website at petexpress.us.
- Please note: animals cannot be shipped from North America on Fridays or Saturdays. Animals cannot be shipped on flights to/from San Francisco.
Travelling on Aer Lingus Regional Flights
- Only domestic cats, dogs and rabbits will be accepted for carriage on Aer Lingus Regional operated flights. This applies to domestic flights within Ireland and flights between Ireland and Britain, with the exception of flights to and from Jersey.
- At the time of booking, you must contact Aer Lingus Reservations if you plan to travel with a pet. A fee per flight, per crate is also applicable. At this time you will be advised of all restricted breeds for travel on an Aer Lingus Regional flight.
- Carriage is permitted only with the animal owner's acknowledgement that there may be risks to the health or welfare of their animal caused by the reaction of an animal to flying.
- The owner's acknowledgement of this is confirmed by booking and presenting their animal for a flight.
- Pets must be presented for carriage in their own individual crate which must be durable and strong enough for secure travel.
- The carriage of animals on Aer Lingus Regional flights is subject to there being available space in the aircraft and accordingly Aer Lingus Regional reserve the right to refuse to carry an animal up to and including the scheduled departure time.
Note: If you did not book online you will need to contact our Reservations Department in order to book an animal in advance.
- If you need to travel with medical equipment you must contact our Reservations Department 48 hours before travel.
- Dialysis machines and wheelchairs can be carried for free.
- Portable medical electronic devices - Automated External Defibrillators (AED), Nebulizer, Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) containing lithium batteries etc. - require 48 hours notice.
- Carriage of Blood, Blood Products, Bone Marrow, and Feeding Pumps/Machine - Contact the Special Assistance Department for medical/security clearance 48 hours before travel.
- Insulin must be carried as cabin baggage. Passengers must carry a medical certificate or doctor's letter stating they require insulin and a prescription or insulin container with details on the bottle.
- Carriage of Stretchers - No stretchers are permitted on Aer Lingus flights.
- If you require assistance please contact Aer Lingus Special Assistance at least 48 hours before you travel.
- This will allow us to ensure that the airport authority/service providers in both your departing and destination airports are aware of the level of service you may require and have suitable provisions in place.
- Other special items can be carried when travelling on Aer Lingus flights.
- Normal cabin/checked baggage rules apply.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure they are packed carefully in order to prevent damage.
- The following items do not require prior approval for travel:
- Art easels
- Baby Push-Chair/Stroller
- The push-chair/stroller must be checked in with the baggage and can be handed down at the gate if required.
- Travelling on flights within Europe
A fully collapsible push-chair/stroller is allowed free of charge for an infant booking only. All other baggage must be included in the accompanying adult's baggage allowance.
- Travelling on flights to/from North America
In addition to infant baggage allowance (10 kgs / 22 lbs), a fully collapsible push-chair/stroller is allowed free of charge.
- Large gift wrapped items
- Wedding cake
- Wedding dress ( normal checked/cabin baggage rules apply, please pack/box it carefully)
- Power tools (except for those powered by gasoline or flammable fuels)
Unaccompanied baggage will not be accepted at check-in and may only be carried as cargo. Bookings must be made with Aer Lingus Cargo