Where are my Bags?
You can check on the status of a bag that has already been reported as mislaid by using our baggage tracing service.
- Your baggage file reference number will have 5 letters followed by 5 numbers e.g. DUBEI54321
- Your baggage file reference number is not the same as the number displayed on any baggage receipts you were given when you checked in.
Check Baggage Status here:
Can I Update my Delayed Baggage Report with new Contact Information?
- Yes. If you need to update the telephone number where you can be reached or your e-mail address, you can do that via our online baggage tracing service.
My Baggage has not Been Located Within 72 Hours (3 Days), What do I do now?
- If you have not received your baggage after 72 hours (3 days), please download and fill out our Delayed Baggage Questionnaire.
- Once completed, return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The information you provide us with will help to speed up the search for your baggage.
- Your baggage questionnaire must be returned within 21 days of reporting your baggage missing.
Delayed or Damaged Baggage
My Checked Baggage has been Delayed or Damaged - What are my entitlements?
- If your baggage is delayed or damaged, our liability is limited under The Montreal Convention. If you hold personal travel insurance, Aer Lingus recommends that you contact your travel insurance provider regarding any claims.
- If you do not hold any personal travel insurance then you must submit the following in writing to our Customer Relations Department.
- Your unique Baggage file reference number.
- Your baggage tags.
- Any receipts or quotations you may hold
- Aer Lingus do not cover minor damage to the exterior of baggage (e.g. scratches, stains, soiling, dents) resulting from normal wear and tear, or for water damage to non-waterproof baggage.
- Please be advised that all relevant receipts are necessary for auditing purposes when considering all claims.
- Download Interim Expenses Form here.
My Cabin Baggage is Damaged - What can I do?
- Aer Lingus accepts no liability for damage to unchecked cabin baggage, unless such damage is caused by our negligence. We will however provide the following for your insurance provider.
- A confirmation letter of travel advising that you have reported the items missing or damaged.
- If you require this letter, please forward the following documentation to our Customer Relations Department.
- Boarding Card.
- Baggage Reference Number.
Can I Claim any Monetary Compensation from Aer Lingus when I Report my Baggage Delayed?
Any Compensation due to customers with baggage related claims adheres to our TERMS and Conditions of Carriage.
For contact details click here: Contact Us
What can I do if there is any Items Missing from my Baggage?
- Any pilferage must be reported immediately upon receipt of your baggage and before leaving the baggage reclaim area of your arrival airport.
- Pilferage not reported at the time of arrival must be reported in writing, or by contacting the Baggage Tracing Department within 7 days of receiving your baggage.
What can I do if I leave some of my belongings onboard an Aer Lingus Aircraft or in an Aer Lingus Lounge?
- Aer Lingus accepts no liability for items left onboard our aircraft or in any of our lounges and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have all your belongings with you before disembarking the aircraft or leaving the lounge.
- If you have left some property onboard one of our aircraft or in one of our lounges, please contact us and we will endeavour to locate the missing item. See below for contact details.
- If you have left property at the airport, please contact the relevant airport authority's lost property department.
This is a 24 hour self service interactive voice system.
0818 365 888 (option 1)
Outside of Ireland
00 353 818 365 888 (option 1)
If you are calling from Ireland and wish to speak to an agent please contact 0818 365 888 and press option 4. This line is open from 09:30 - 17:30 Mon-Fri and 09:00 to 13:00 - 14:00 to 17:00 Sat-Sun.
If you are calling from the US and wish to speak to an agent please contact 1800 343 0511 or 1718 751 4235. This line is open from 09:00 - 21:00 Mon-Sun.
Self Service Options
For website help & changes
to Internet bookings visit the Contact Us sections.